The snoring growl happens when there is an obstruction of air through the back of the mouth and nose. In this area, the tongue matches the soft palate and the uvula or bell. When these structures collide with each other, a vibration occurs during breathing, generating the usual noise of snoring. The problem of snoring is common in obese people and is aggravated by age.
Snorers have at least one of the following issues:
– Weak muscle structure in the muscles of the throat or tongue. Loose muscles cause the tongue to fall backward, and throat muscles collapse the airways. This happens when the person’s muscle tone is very relaxed by consuming alcohol, drugs or drugs that cause sleepiness. But it also occurs in some people when they are relaxed in the phases of deep sleep.
Just look! The new mouth piece for snoring
– Excessive development of throat tissues. Large tonsils or excessively developed adenoids (vegetations), for example, are the cause of snoring in children. Obese people also suffer an increase in the size of these tissues. Also, although less frequent, cysts or tumors can also be factors that cause snoring.
– Soft palate and uvula are excessively lengthy. A large palate can narrow the passage between the nose and throat. As the soft palate hangs over the entrance of the airways, it acts as a flow valve, and when relaxed breathing occurs, it contributes to the rumor of snoring. An equally large uvula aggravates the subject.
Obstruction of the nasal airways. When you have an obstruction or a nasal block, it is necessary to make an effort to inhale the air through the nose. This creates an exaggerated void in the throat which becomes a collapse of part of the airways and pushes the soft tissues towards the throat. That is why in viral infections of the nose snoring can appear in people who are not snoring habitually. This also explains why certain people only snore during spring (allergic to pollen). Likewise, deformations of the nasal septum are a common cause of obstruction to the passage of air and may produce nocturnal snoring.
Usually, the snorer creates a nuisance between couples, who reaches the point of not being able to withstand snoring and becomes a problem, occasionally causing marriage breaks. Also, there are problems for the individual and snoring alters their sleep and this is not repaired, so the big snorers tend to have a higher blood pressure than non-snorers. In exaggerated cases a picture called sleep apnea occurs, this happens when snoring breathing is stopped by episodes of cessation of respiration.
As general measures it is recommended:
– Avoid sedentary life and exercise frequently.
– Avert the use of antihistamines, before bed.
– Do not drink alcohol before bedtime.
– Avoid excessive fatigue.
– Sleep preferentially on the side better than on the back.
– Make sure that the people in your family fall asleep earlier.